2 Day Accredited Mental Health First Aider Course
Do you want to become a Mental Health First Aider?
Upon completion of the two day Adult Mental Health First Aid, an internationally recognised course, you will be a Mental Health First Aider.
Start time on both days is 9am and finish by 5pm (we can be flexible) . Certificates will not be issued by MHFA England for late entries and early leavers, please enure your time on both days are protected prior to registering place.
What will you learn?
You will learn about a range of mental health issues: depression, suicidal crisis, anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
You will learn how to:
- Recognise the symptoms of mental health issues
- Provide initial help Guide a person towards appropriate professional help
Please note that this course is a very basic introduction to identifying and providing initial support to adults (18+) with mental health needs. It is principally designed for learners with little or no prior training or knowledge of mental health issues.
What are the benefits?
You will help create supportive environments for people and improve their lives – whether they are your client, colleague or family. You will be expected to participate in the evaluation process to help us to improve future delivery.
You will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, and a certificate.
The standard training cost is £300 per person.
SafeTalk Training Course
safeTALK is a half-day (3.5 hours) training course that can help you make a difference. Know what to do if someone’s suicidal by following the easy to remember TALK steps – Tell, Ask, Listen and Keep-safe. These practical steps offer immediate help to someone having thoughts of suicide and helps you both move forward to connect with more specialised support. This training complements the more comprehensive 2 day Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) course by conveniently widening the net of suicide alert helpers to ensure that thoughts of suicide aren’t missed, dismissed or avoided.
What are the training outcomes?
- Identify people thinking of suicide overcome barriers to talk about suicide
- Identify reasons we may miss, dismiss or avoid suicide
- Apply the 4 step model of suicide alertness (Tell, Ask, Listen and Keep-safe)
- Connect people at risk with further help Additionally, each participant will receive a certificate, a wallet-sized reference card plus a resource pack with information about sources of support for people having suicidal thoughts. What are the teaching methods?
- Presentations and guidance from a Livingworks registered trainer • Access to support from a local community resource person
- Powerful audio visual learning aids
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
Who can attend this course? Everyone!
Standard price: £75.00