Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract -12 months with a possible extension
Hours: 21 hours per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
Salary: £30,940 pro rata
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Mayfield Hub Centre and Financial Health Centre (Bethnal Green) (location may Change Change
Responsible to: SMT
Responsible for: Advice and Guidance Team
Women’s Inclusive Team (WIT) began in 2003 with a group of mothers that needed the space to chat and support one another with being new parents, trying to get into employment or being healthier as well as much more. It remained informal for many years but the clear need for a service that specialised in working with the needs of BAME women and particularly Somali women became very apparent. This led to the organisation becoming structured with trustee, business registration and business accounts etc. It began as the Somali Integration Team, changing its name to the Women’s Inclusive Team in 2018.
At present run for women and their families in Tower Hamlets, the Women’s Inclusive Team aim is to support disadvantaged female Tower Hamlets residents to become independent and socially included. We focus on supporting the needs of BAME women and promoting social cohesion within the wider community. Empowering women through training, employment, and advice are our core format of delivery and will continue to be the general format of work. The organisation aims to create more sustainability in the services and support available.
We do this through our training programmes and projects, these include;
- Accredited Mental Health First Aid
- Advice and Guidance
- Community Kitchen and food bank
- Employment – Childcare, ESOL Classes
- Community information Workshops – to provide information on various topics such as, housing, health inequalities and domestic violence.
- Young people’s youth projects and Chicksand Preschool
- Community Kitchen and Food Pantry
Advice and Guidance Lead – Job Summary
Information, Advice and Guidance is the heart of WIT’s work. It triages our members to various projects within the organisation and allows us to understand their needs in an effective way. Our most vulnerable clients access this particular service at WIT because they are able to speak to staff in their community language and they feel seen, protected and supported. Due to the continuous need of information, advice and guidance and securing partnership funding in the recent Mayors funding, Womens Inclusive Team is now looking to appoint a department lead for this service with the immediate effect.
- Lead and Maintain on all Quality assurances, connected to Advice projects
- Lead all advice related work at WIT, ensuring services reflect client needs
- Talking to clients face-to-face, online, via the telephone assessing their needs.
- providing information advice and guidance
- Negotiate with third parties on behalf of client to resolve issues on a client’s behalf
- Maintaining records and information systems.
- compiling statistics and writing reports
- Research and compile information to support clients (grants and other support service within the local area)
- Manage Organisations Whatsapp Groups and regularly update members
- Managing monitoring reports for advice related projects
- Managing CRM for all advice related tags
- Managing staff and conducting supervisions where required
- Adhere to data protection and confidentiality policies of the organisation
- Triage and make referral for clients as relevant
- Finding ways to make disseminate information and make accessible to clients in person and online
Skills, abilities and experience:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Confident and able to work on own initiative
- Be empathetic and non-judgemental
- Able to prioritise work and demands
- Be able to communicate with members in Somali
- Lead and oversee policies and training for advice staff
- Computer literacy (Google drive, outlook, power point, excel, word, social media )
- At least 2 years of working in a community empowerment or centred role, ideally within the voluntary sector on a paid or unpaid basis.
- At least one year experience in managing people and services
How to apply: Submit up to date C.V and 1-page covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 17th November 2023.
Interviews will be held in November 2023.